Terms and Conditions of Sale for Light for Business, trading brand of LED Distribution Ltd
(in this document named “L4B”)
(Issue date: 15.02.2017)
§1 General information, scope
(1) L4B shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Goods subject to these Conditions. Any terms or conditions in the Buyer’s order or other documentation of whatsoever kind which are inconsistent with these Conditions shall have no effect.
(2) No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing between the authorised representatives of the parties.
(3) L4B’s employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Goods unless confirmed by L4B in writing. In entering into any Contract the Buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on and waives any claim for breach of, any such representations which are not so confirmed.
(4) Any advice or recommendations given by L4B or its employees or agents to the Buyer or its employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in writing by L4B is followed or acted upon entirely at the Buyer’s own risk and accordingly L4B shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendations which is not so confirmed or the actions of any third party in the storage, application, installation or use of the Goods unless the Buyer has separately contracted for such services with L4B directly.
(5) These Terms and Conditions of Sale are legally binding for all future Business between L4B and the Buyer as well.
§2 Orders and Specifications
(1) The Buyer shall be responsible to L4B for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any order (including any applicable specification) submitted by the Buyer and for giving L4B any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient time to enable L4B to perform the Contract in accordance with its terms.
(2) The quantity, quality and description of and any specification for the Goods shall be those set out in the Buyer’s order (if accepted by L4B).
(3) L4B reserves the right to make any changes in the specification of the Goods which are required to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or, where the Goods are to be supplied to L4B’s specification, which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
(4) Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by L4B shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of L4B.
(5) All descriptions and specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions used by L4B are approximate only, and are intended only to present a general idea of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract. Due to continuing development, L4B reserves the right to change specifications without notice.
§3 Price and Terms of Payment
(1) The price of the Goods shall be L4B’s quoted price or, where no price has been quoted (or a quoted price is no longer valid), the price listed in L4B’s published price list current at the date of acceptance of the order.
(2) L4B reserves the right, by giving notice to the Buyer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the Goods to reflect any increase in the cost to L4B which is due to any factor beyond the control of L4B (such as, without limitation, any foreign exchange fluctuation, currency regulation, alteration of duties, significant increase in the costs of labour, materials or other costs to manufacture, any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which is requested by the Buyer to give L4B adequate information or instructions).
(3) Except as otherwise stated under the terms of any quotations or in any price list of L4B, and unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Buyer and L4B, all prices are given by L4B for delivery of the Goods at L4B’s premises and where L4B agrees to deliver the Goods otherwise than at L4B’s premises, the Buyer shall be liable to pay L4B’s charges for transport, packaging and insurance.
(4) The price and all other sums due from the Buyer to L4B shall be increased to include VAT at the current rate.
(5) L4B shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price of the Goods on or at any time after delivery or collection of the Goods unless the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, in which event L4B shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price at any time after L4B has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or (as the case may be) L4B has tendered delivery of the Goods.
(6) The Buyer shall pay L4B’s invoices hereunder within 7 days of the date of invoice. Time shall be of the essence in respect of the payment of all sums due hereunder.
(7) L4B grants the Buyer a discount of 2% on all Goods (excluding mounting and transportation) if the buyer pays the entire amount due within 3 days of the date of the invoice.
(8) L4B reserves the right to charge the Buyer interest at the rate of 3% per annum above the mean base rate for the time being of the London Clearing Banks on all invoices which are not paid in accordance with Condition §4(6) and §4(7) such interest being calculated from a date 30 days after the date of invoice until actual payment compounded quarterly and to be payable as well after as before any judgment obtained in respect thereof.
(1) Delivery of the Goods shall be made by the Buyer collecting the Goods at L4B’s premises at any time after L4B has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or, if some other place for delivery is agreed by L4B, by L4B delivering the Goods to that place.
(2) Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are approximate only and L4B shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by L4B in writing.
(3) If the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods or fails to give L4B adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery otherwise than any reason of any cause beyond the Buyer’s reasonable control or by reason of L4B’s fault then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to L4B, L4B may
(3.1) Store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Buyer of the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage; or
(3.2) sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to the Buyer for the excess over the price under the Contract or charge the Buyer for any shortfall below the price under the Contract.
§5 Property and Risk transfer
(1) Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer:
(1.1) In the case of Goods to be delivered at L4B’s premises, at the time of delivery when L4B notifies the Buyer that the Goods are available for collection; or
(1.2) In the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at L4B’s premises, at the time of delivery or, if the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, the time when L4B has tendered delivery of the Goods.
(2) Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Conditions, the property of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until L4B has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods and all other goods agreed to be sold by L4B to the Buyer for which payment is then due.
(3) Until such times as the property of the Goods passes to the Buyer, the Buyer shall hold the Goods as L4B’s fiduciary agent and bailee, and shall keep the Goods separate from those of the Buyer and third parties and properly stored, protected and insured and identified as L4B’s property. Until that time the Buyer shall be entitled to resell or use the Goods in the ordinary course of its business, but shall account to L4B for the proceeds of the sale or otherwise of the Goods, whether tangible or intangible, including insurance proceeds, and shall keep all such proceeds separate from any moneys or property of the Buyer and third parties and, in the case of tangible proceeds, properly stored, protected and insured.
(4) Until such time as the property of the Goods is passed to the Buyer (and provided the Goods are still in existence and have not been resold), L4B shall be entitled at any time to require the Buyer to deliver up the Goods to L4B and, if the Buyer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon the premises of the Buyer of any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods.
(5) The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Goods which remain the property of L4B, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing by the Buyer to L4B shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of L4B) forthwith become due and payable.
§6 Warranties and Liability
(1) L4B only warrants that the Goods will be free from defects in materials and workmanship to the extent that the Goods carry a manufacturer’s warranty. The Buyer shall be entitled to the benefit of such manufacturer’s warranty insofar as L4B has the power to transfer it.
(2) The above warranty is given by L4B subject to the following conditions:
(2.1) L4B shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from any drawing, design or specification supplied by the Buyer;
(2.2) L4B shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, willful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow L4B’s instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without L4B’s approval.
(3) Subject as expressly provided in these Conditions, and except where the Goods are sold under a consumer sale (as defined by the Sale of Goods Act 1979), all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(4) Any claim by the Buyer which is based on any defect in the quality or conditions of the Goods shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Buyer) be notified to L4B within 7 days from the date of delivery or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure. If delivery is not refused, and the Buyer does not notify L4B accordingly, the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and L4B shall have no liability for such defect or failure.
(5) Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by L4B’s negligence, L4B shall not be liable to the Buyer by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by the negligence of L4B, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods of their use or resale by the Buyer, except as expressly provided in these Conditions.
(1) L4B shall have the right to terminate a Contract forthwith by giving notice in writing if the Buyer:
(1.1) Fails to make payment of any sum in accordance with Condition §3; or
(1.2) Shall commit any other material breach of its obligations hereunder and shall not within 14 days of notice of such breach remedy the same; or
(1.3) Shall enter into liquidation whether compulsorily or voluntarily otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction without insolvency or shall compound or make any arrangement with its creditors or shall be the subject of an application for an administration order or shall be subject of any proposal under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for a composition in satisfaction of its debts.
(2) No order which has been accepted by L4B may be cancelled by the Buyer except with the agreement in writing, of L4B and on the terms that the Buyer shall indemnify L4B in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by L4B.
(3) Any termination of a Contract (howsoever occasioned) shall not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of either party.
$8 Force Majeure
Although L4B shall use all reasonable endeavours to discharge its obligations under a Contract in a prompt and efficient manner, it does not accept responsibility for any failure or delay caused by circumstances beyond its control.
§9 Export Terms
(1) Where the Goods are supplied for export from the United Kingdom, the provision of this Condition §9 shall (subject to any terms agreed in writing between the Buyer and L4B) apply notwithstanding any other provision of these Conditions.
(2) The Buyer shall be responsible for complying with any legislation or regulations governing the importation of the Goods into the country of destination and for the payment of any duties thereon.
(3) Unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Buyer and L4B, the Goods shall be delivered at L4B’s premises and L4B shall be under no obligation to give notice under section 32(3) of the Sale of Goods act 1979.
(4) The Buyer shall be responsible for arranging for testing and inspection of the Goods at the L4B’s premises before shipment. L4B shall have no liability for any claim in respect of any defect in the Goods which would be apparent on inspection and which is made after shipment or in respect of any damage during transit.
(5) Payment of all amounts due to L4B shall be made by irrevocable letter of credit opened by the Buyer in favour of L4B and confirmed by a Bank acceptable to L4B or, if L4B has agreed in writing on or before acceptance of the Buyer’s order to waive this requirement, by acceptance by the Buyer and delivery to L4B of a bill of exchange drawn on the Buyer payable 60 days after sight to the order of L4B at such branch of a bank as may be specified in the bill of exchange.
§10 Legal Terms and Jurisdiction
(1) No neglect, delay or indulgence by the Seller in enforcing a Contract shall prejudice the rights of L4B or be construed as a waiver.
(2) The Buyer hereby waives all and any future claims and rights of set off against any sums due to L4B hereunder regardless of any equity, set off or counterclaim on the part of the Buyer against L4B.
(3) Any notice hereunder shall be in writing and may be served by sending it by pre-paid first class letter post or delivery (if in the case of a limited company) to the address stated herein, and in any case, to the last known address of the addressee. In proving service of any notice it shall be sufficient to prove in the case of posting that the envelope containing the notice was properly addressed, stamped and posted. Service shall be deemed to be effective at noon of the second business day following the day of posting and any notice delivered to an address by hand shall be deemed to be effective from the date of such delivery.
(4) The Buyer shall not assign or otherwise transfer all or any part of a Contract without the prior written consent of the Seller.
(5) The formation, construction and performance of all Contracts shall be governed in all respect by English law. The parties hereby agreed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the